At FORM Hand Therapy, our Hand Therapists are experienced in the use of physical agent modalities as an adjunct to a comprehensive plan of therapy care. Physical agent modalities are devices or interventions that can stimulate soft tissue changes in ways that are not possible with voluntary patient activity or manual therapy techniques. Such modalities, when used in conjunction with therapeutic exercises, can promote faster healing and return of function.
- Ultrasound (deep thermal therapy).
- Iontophoresis to deliver medication to a localized area using a mobile patch.
- Thermotherapy (heat) with paraffin wax treatment
- Cryotherapy (superficial cold therapy).
- Electrical stimulation therapy for neuromuscular rehabilitation, desensitization, and pain control.